Unit 1: An Introduction to Law
CHAPTER 1: LAW: ITS PURPOSE AND HISTORY
E-ACTIVITY: ADR AS A MECHANISM FOR CONFLICT RESOLUTION (p. 33)
Activity: Report on Mediation
Investigate the most rapidly growing area of Alternative Dispute Resolution:
mediation. Resolve disputes without the expense and delays of the court
Visit the Dispute
Resolution Office of the British Columbia Ministry of the Attorney
General and complete the following activities.
- Write a one-page report highlighting the aims and purposes of mediation.
In your report answer the following questions:
- What is mediation?
- What are the advantages of mediation?
- What parties are involved in the process?
- When may mediation not be appropriate?
- Identify the factors that should be considered in an agreement to
mediate. Click on "Agreement to Mediate" to view a sample