Unit 2: Criminal Law
CHAPTER 4: CRIMINAL LAW AND CRIMINAL OFFENCES
E-ACTIVITY: CAREERS IN CRIMINAL LAW (p. 119)
Activity: Create an Organizer to Compare Criminology Programs
Where can students who want a career in criminal law study? What programs
are available to aspiring police officers, probation officers, correctional
services officers, and others who wish to work in criminal law?
Research criminology programs and create an organizer to compare them.
- Form a group with five other classmates. Within your group, form teams
of two—each of which will investigate the criminology program
at one of the following institutions:
- With your teammate, research the following about the criminology program
you have chosen:
- overall program
- course requirements
- admission standards
- employment and other opportunities
- In your group, share the teams' findings in turn. Note the results
on the following organizer and compare the information.
if you would like to download the organizer.
- Using the Criminology Program Organizer:
- Independently rank the three programs in order of preference and
be prepared to give your reasons.
- In your group, share and explain your rankings.
- As a group, briefly present your rankings and explanations to