Unit 4: Family Law
CHAPTER 14: CHILDREN AND FAMILY LAW
E-ACTIVITY: ADOPTION PROCEDURES IN YOUR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY (p. 452)
Activity: Create a Bulletin Board Display about Adoption Procedures
Who can adopt children? What procedures must prospective adopting parents
follow? Are both domestic and international adoptions possible? Find out
what regulations apply in your province or territory, and present your
findings in a bulletin board display.
- Look for governmental information about adoption in your province
or territory by visiting one of the following Web sites:
For your jurisdiction, answer the following questions:
- What is adoption?
- What is the name of the Ministry dealing with adoption in your
province or territory?
- What form does adoption take?
- Who are the children being adopted?
- Who may adopt?
- What type of screening takes place for the adopting family?
- What support services are provided by the government related
to the adoption?
- What are some of the legal requirements for international adoption?
- Visit the Ontario Ministry of Community, Family and Social Services’
for international adoptions to learn some of the issues that must
be considered for international adoption.
- Work in a group to present your findings in a bulletin board display.