Unit 5: Contract Law
CHAPTER 16: ELEMENTS OF A CONTRACT
E-ACTIVITY: E-COMMERCE AND ONLINE CONTRACTS (p. 500)
Activity: Prepare Role-Plays About E-Commerce and Online Contracts
Consumers need to be aware of their rights and know how to protect their
interests. This is especially difficult in new areas, such as electronic
commerce. What rights and protections should consumers who deal with
on-line contracts have? What steps should vendors take to ensure their
contractual dealings are fair?
Create a series of role-plays in which you explore the answers to these
- Visit the Web site for the Consumer Connection Feature at Industry
Canada. Download the html or adobe acrobat version of “Principles
of Consumer Protection Electronic Commerce: A Canadian Framework”.
Within the document, find the “Summary of Principles” to
consider in detail.
- For additional pointers for on-line consumers, access the Industry
Canada Web site. Download the html or adobe acrobat version document “Shopping
on the Internet: Get Informed” to consider in detail.
- Form a group with some classmates to discuss particularly:
- principles for protection for consumers and vendors
- consumer tips for shopping on the Internet
Then develop a series of role-plays about the subject-including
situations that might arise in e-commerce. Prepare to present the
role-plays to the class and later answer questions from the class