Unit 5: Contract Law
CHAPTER 18: LANDLORD AND TENANT LAW
E-ACTIVITY: DISPUTE RESOLUTION IN LANDLORD AND TENANT MATTERS (p. 550)
Activity: Report on Dispute Resolution in Landlord and Tenant Matters
What happens if your landlord will not repair your leaking roof or damaged
pipes? Alternatively, what happens if tenants will not pay for damage
they have caused to their apartment? Where can you go to file a complaint?
How are complaints settled?
Prepare a report on the process for dispute resolution in landlord and
- Look for information about landlord and tenant matters in your province
or territory. To do so, you might visit Web sites for the following
- Write a report in which you answer for your jurisdiction each of
the following questions:
- To which ministry should landlord and tenant complaints be directed?
- How does the complaint process work?
- What mechanisms are available for settling complaints?
- How are decisions enforced?