Unit 5: Contract Law
CHAPTER 19: EMPLOYMENT LAW
E-ACTIVITY: EMPLOYMENT LAW STANDARDS IN YOUR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY (p.
Activity: Create a Pamphlet About Employment Law Standards
Each province or territory has its legislation that sets minimum employment
standards. What is the minimum wage in your jurisdiction? How is overtime
calculated? Are you entitled to receive vacation pay?
Find answers to these questions and present them in a pamphlet directed
at teenagers looking for part- or full-time work.
- Research employment law standards in your province or territory. To
do so, you might visit one of the following Web sites:
- Create a pamphlet for teenagers looking for part- or full-time work.
In it, address as many of the following topics as you can.
- scope of the Employment Standards Act (i.e., who it covers—who
is an “employee”?)
- minimum wage
- vacation pay
- standard work week
- maternity/parental leave
- public holidays and holiday pay
- termination of employment
- filing complaints