Unit 5: Contract Law
CHAPTER 19: EMPLOYMENT LAW
E-ACTIVITY: CANADIAN LABOUR CONGRESS (p. 590)
Activity: Report on the Canadian Labour Congress
Many Canadian workers are affiliated with the Canadian Labour Congress;
thus it is a significant force in Canada’s labour movement. What
are the major areas of focus for this organization? How is the CLC involved
in protecting workers’ rights?
Prepare a report on the Canadian Labour Congress.
- Visit the Web site for the Canadian
Labour Congress to find the following information for your report:
- Who belongs to the Canadian Labour Congress?
- What is the Canadian Labour Congress’ mandate?
- Identify two international organizations to which the CLC is
- The CLC is involved in rights issues and education. To explore its
interests further, do either (a) or (b) below.
- Select the "Rights" link at the CLC Web site and choose one of
the following areas to cover in your report.
- Aboriginal workers
- disabled workers
- Select the "Organizing" link and choose one of the following areas
to cover in your report.
- health and safety